The things I miss most about Spain…..by Zeis
I would say that apart from family, because family is everything, the thing I miss most about Spain is the food! Besides the food, here are a few other little things and some bigger things that I miss….
1. I miss the sun and how it shines in my country, Spain.
2. I miss the people and how they chat and talk to each other, especially at local businesses…when you walk into a shop or a local bar or at the bakery.
3. I miss the people strolling down the streets. Somehow stress doesn’t seem to effect them the way it does us here in New York, or maybe that’s just the memory I have created for myself.
4. I miss the pools, the beaches and the rivers!
5. I miss that shops are open until late.
6. I miss dinners in the neighborhood of Gracia
7. I miss good wine and not feeling shy about asking for a second bottle.
8. I miss Spanish cafe con leche at any time of the day. After all, Spain is the country of cafe con leche….ole!
9. I miss the smell of the ocean as I walk along the Barceloneta.
10. I miss having a nice cold cervecita whenever I want.
11. I miss dancing at neighborhood parties….the people dance and to see them dance is such a wonderful thing.
12. And yes, I had to come back to the food….I miss a good Sunday rice or paella….chiringuitos, the smell of tapas from the bars, jamon accompanied by a good manchego cheese.
I miss Spain.